Relationship problems hurt. As humans, we’re wired to connect and when something is off with the person we love, it’s painful.
When going well, relationships can also be wonderful, providing both partners with a solid base to face the world – knowing they are loved and that their partner has their back.
Couples therapy can help you reduce the hard moments in your relationship and bring out the best in you and your partner.
Couples therapy can help with:
- reducing destructive conflict
- feeling like you are having the same argument over and over
- feeling misunderstood and alone
- not having sex
- old hurts that haven’t been resolved
- making decisions together about your future
Couples therapy can help you develop the skills you need to:
- deal with disagreements more effectively
- improve your communication so you feel understood, connected and loved
- build trust
- develop a satisfying sexual connection
- bring out the best in each other
- work as a team, appreciating your individual strengths and differences
We have helped couples in all stages of relationship, from new couples to couples who have been together for decades. We welcome those who identify as LGBTQ.
Not sure whether the relationship is right for you?
If you’re not sure whether the relationship is right for you, couples therapy is a good place to figure that out. It’s not uncommon to have doubts about your relationship, especially if you are thinking about further commitment such as moving in together, getting married or having children. Our San Francisco couples therapists can help you gain clarity, enabling you make the right decisions for yourself and your relationship.
Ready to get started? Call today to set up your first couples therapy session. Our offices are located in the Castro district of San Francisco.