Relationship problems hurt. Couples therapy can help.
As humans, we’re wired to connect and when something is off with the person we love, it’s painful.
When going well, relationships can also be wonderful, providing both partners with a solid base to face the world – knowing they are loved and that their partner has their back.
Couples therapy can help you reduce the hard moments in your relationship and bring out the best in you and your partner.
Couples therapy can help with:
- reducing destructive conflict
- feeling like you are having the same argument over and over
- feeling misunderstood and alone
- not having sex
- old hurts that haven’t been resolved
- making decisions together about your future
Couples therapy can help you develop the skills you need to:
- deal with disagreements more effectively
- improve your communication so you feel understood, connected and loved
- build trust
- develop a satisfying sexual connection
- bring out the best in each other
- work as a team, appreciating your individual strengths and differences
We have helped couples in all stages of relationship, from new couples to couples who have been together for decades. We welcome couples who identify as LGBTQ as well as those who have relationship structures outside the norm.
What if my partner won’t come to couples therapy?
It’s not unusual for one partner to be ready to start couples therapy while the other is not. There is still a lot work you can do to improve your relationship if you come to therapy on your own. While it is ideal to have both partners working together to improve the relationship, you don’t have to wait until your partner is on board to start making things better between you two.
Not sure whether the relationship is right for you?
It’s not uncommon to seek couples counseling if you’re wondering whether your relationship is right for you. Doubts about your relationship are normal, especially if you are thinking about further commitment such as moving in together, getting married or having children. Couples counseling can help you gain clarity, enabling you to make the right decisions for yourself and your relationship.
Don’t wait another day to get started on improving your relationship. Contact us to set up your first session. Our offices are located in the Castro district of San Francisco.