DBT Skills Group in San Francisco
DBT Skills Group:
Mondays 5:30 - 6:45 p.m.
Tuesdays 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.
Wednesdays 5:45 - 7:15 p.m.
If you struggle with any of the following, a DBT skills group can help:
- feeling like your emotions get out of control
- frequent ups and downs in your personal relationships
- problems with conflict, especially in your closest relationships
- compulsive or addictive behavior, such as drug or alcohol abuse, eating disorders, risky sexual behavior, over-spending, cutting or other self-harm
- thoughts of ending your life
DBT skills group isn’t a typical therapy group, it’s more like a class where you learn concrete skills to make your life better right away. You’ll learn skills to help you manage your emotions, have better relationships and stop addictive or compulsive behaviors.
DBT Skills Group teaches:
- Mindfulness: how to be present in each moment, rather than ruminating about the past or worrying about the future
- Emotion Regulation: how to deal with your emotions so you feel more in control, rather than feeling like your emotions control you
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: how to deal with conflict effectively and how to assert your needs while maintaining relationships and your self-respect
- Distress Tolerance: how to get through hard times without engaging in behavior that makes you feel better in the short-term, but worse in the long run
How to join the DBT Skills Group:
If you would like to join the group, please call to schedule an individual intake appointment. Skills group members must be in weekly individual therapy in order to participate in the group and a 7 month commitment to the group is required. We strongly encourage group members to repeat all the modules twice which takes approximately 14 months to complete.
The fee for the individual intake appointment is $200. The fee for each skills group meeting is $90, payable per module in advance.
If you are in the DBT Skills Group and Individual DBT with us, you will have access to telephone coaching between sessions to help you apply the skills in your daily life.
Read What Happens in a DBT Group to learn more about the skills group.
Ready to join our San Francisco DBT skills group? Contact us to get started.